An 'ad clerum' (from the Latin meaning 'To / All Clergy') is a formal letter or announcement primarily addressed to ordained ministers, from the Bishop(s) of the Diocese.
Issues given this formality are usually serious and the equivalent of a parliamentary 'three line whip' - i.e. there are serious consequences for those with the Bishop's Licence who do not take heed.
Below is a list of all the Ad Clerums issued by Bishop Michael and the Area Bishops.
- Ad Clerum - LLF - Wellbeing - Clergy Conference - +Wolverhampton appointment - Dean of Lichfield appointment (October 2023)
- Episcopal Oversight in Diocese of Lichfield 2023-4 (June 2023)
- Holy Week and Easter 2020 (April 2020)
- Holy Communion from the Reserved Sacrament and associated Guidelines (Nov 2018)
- Welcoming and honouring LGBT+ People in the DIocese of Lichfield (May 2018)
- Lay Ministry (Jan 2018)
- Safeguarding in the Diocese of Lichfield (Oct 2017)