Closing Date: 6th October 2023
Interviews: 19th October 2023
The Diocese of Lichfield is seeking to appoint a full-time Church Buildings Support Officer (CBSO).
The Church of England has launched an exciting new initiative, ‘Buildings for Mission’, to better support church buildings and their communities. As part of this project, the CBSO will provide crucial frontline support for a number of church buildings within our diocese.
The postholder will work within the diocesan Church Buildings Team, as well as joining a network of CBSOs supported by a national Church Buildings Training and Support Officer.
The overall purpose of the post is to:
• Act as Church Buildings Support Officer in the Diocese of Lichfield, as part of the national Church of England ‘Buildings for Mission’ project
• Support the administration of the ‘Buildings for Mission’ Minor Repairs and Improvements Grants Fund within the diocese
• Work alongside and complement the functions of the Lichfield DAC Secretary, Assistant DAC Secretary, and Project Support and Church Buildings Officer
• Provide advice and assistance to parishes to enable church buildings to be in better condition, and to remain open and sustainable and serve the community
• Promote the diocesan priorities of discipleship, vocation and evangelism (DVE) in relation to church buildings and worshiping communities
For further information please see the job description and person specification below.
The post will be based at the Diocesan Office in Lichfield, with some hybrid working.
The role will involve travelling to meetings with parishes around the diocese. A driving licence and access to a car is essential as some of our locations are rural with no public transport links.
You may occasionally be required to work at the weekend or in the evening.
Salary: £30,600 per annum. Hours: 35 hours per week. 25 days holiday plus public holidays and an additional Christmas shutdown, and a non-contributory pension scheme.
This is a three-year fixed-term post, initially funded through the Church of England ‘Buildings for Mission’ project.
Please make informal enquiries about the role to Giles Standing
To apply, please click here
If you have any problems completing an application on Pathways please email Pathways Support, who will be able to help you.