Funding Opportunities for Discipleship & Evangelism

Discipleship and Evangelism Funding Logo
Discipleship and Evangelism Funding Logo

Do you have an idea for discipleship or evangelism but need a bit of help to get it off the ground?

Can you think of a way of inviting others to join you in following Christ in the footsteps of St Chad?

Churches are invited to apply for small grants from a fund available especially for discipleship and evangelism!

A leaflet about the Enrich Discipleship and Evangelism grants is available here.

The fund will support the following areas:

  1. Evangelism
  2. Training (primarily of laity) in Evangelism
  3. Training (primarily of laity) in Discipleship

Grants awarded in the past have typically been between 100 and 2,000.

The fund will pay 90% of the cost of approved projects, on condition that the applicant is committed to funding the other 10%. This money has been donated for the furthering of the Kingdom of God in the Lichfield Diocese by a small group of donors in the Diocese as part of their own commitment to Discipleship, Evangelism and Vocation.

Evangelism should be understood as 'The spreading of the Christian Gospel by public preaching or personal witness'.

Grants will be awarded three times a year and the deadlines are 31st March, 30th June and 31st October.

Application forms can be downloaded here.

Applications should be submitted to: Richard Barrett, St Mary’s House, The Close, Lichfield WS13 7LD; or email

Applications must include:

  1. A clear project proposal detailing how the money would be spent and the vision for the project;
  2. Evidence of commitment to finance 10% of the project from the PCC, or other appropriate source. This must be provided before the grant is released;
  3. Name and contact details of a project leader or liaison person.

The committee administering the money will meet following each deadline and approved projects will receive the money  shortly thereafter. The decision of the committee is final. 

Please note that applications can only be accepted from within the Diocese of Lichfield.

New and creative ideas are strongly encouraged!

Projects previously funded have included:

  • Alpha, Pilgrim, and other courses.
  • Resources for Life Events.
  • New Breakfast Service.
  • Street preaching.
  • Outreach.
  • Childrens bible.

And many more. We are open to ideas.

Page last updated: Wednesday 30th August 2023 10:06 AM
Powered by Church Edit